29th April (Saturday) – Dayboro (QLD) Healthy Pasture, Healthy Horses one day course.
Healthy Land, Healthy Pasture, Healthy Horses – ONE DAY EQUICULTURE COURSE – with Stuart Myers – an international speaker on the subject of sustainable horse keeping.
This event is being run in partnership with Horse & Co. Dayboro https://m.facebook.com/
Time to start booking in for this event on the 29th April – don’t miss it! This is a comment from one of our recent talks ‘Dear Jane and Stuart, I cannot thank you enough for the talk I attended the other day. I never imagined I would learn so much, my head is now spinning with lots of new ideas about managing my horses, dung beetles, chickens, and so much more. I was enthralled the whole way through’.
THE COURSE: is aimed at horse owners/managers that either own their own land (including agistment property owners), lease land or keep their horse/s on agistment (so that’s everyone!). It is about how to use the natural and domesticated behaviour of horses, combined with good land management practices, to create a healthy and sustainable environment for you, your horses and your land. A true win-win-win situation!
These are JUST SOME of the things you will learn about:
- The differences between the free-living (wild/feral) equine ‘lifestyle’ and the domestic equine ‘lifestyle’.
- Equine domestic GRAZING BEHAVIOUR and how it affects equine management.
- The ESSENTIAL things that you need to know about pasture and grasses.
- Simple ways that you can ‘IMPROVE’ the pasture that your horse/s live on.
- All about DUST and MUD MANAGEMENT/PREVENTION.
- Essential information about equines and OBESITY.
- An integrated pest management approach to MANURE MANAGEMENT, plus how to turn manure into an ASSET rather than a liability.
- How you can make changes to your horse management regime that will IMPROVE EQUINE WELFARE, REDUCE COSTS, REDUCE YOUR WORKLOAD and BE GOOD FOR THE LAND all at the same time.
- All about THE EQUICENTRAL SYSTEM (a horse welfare/good environmental management horse and land care system that is a win-win-win all round).
- How you can assess what you already have and use that to improve equine welfare/management etc.
- And lots more…
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: Light refreshments provided, please bring own packed lunch. You may also want to bring a notepad and pen. Our books are available for sale on the day, so if you prefer to just listen you might prefer to buy a book instead (but you certainly will not be pressured into buying books).
Check out this page http://
DIRECTIONS: Dayboro Hall, Bradley St, Dayboro, QLD, 4521
TIMES: Starts 9.30am prompt (registration from 9.15) finishes no later than 3.15pm (so plenty of time to see to your horse/s before and after).
INVESTMENT: $60.00 per person, $90 per couple from the same address.
PLEASE NOTE: If this event does not receive sufficient bookings it will be cancelled or postponed. If cancellation occurs then your full payment will be refunded, if it is postponed you will be advised of the new date and if that does not suit then your full payment will be refunded.
Cancelations and refunds are allowed up to 30 days prior to the event, after that time credit will be issued that can be used for another event or products that we sell.
FURTHER INFO: For more information about us and what we do have a look at our website http://