You Are invited to the Samford Red Tent – Henna How to Red Tent Circle!
Open to maidens (11-17years) and goddesses (18+ years)
SATURDAY 20 May. 6.30-9.00pm
“Henna…Oh to adorn thyself with creativity divine scribed with the gift of nature” Danielle McIsaac
You are invited to join the Samford Red Tent and Kelli from Healing Canvas to experience creating your own henna designs to adorn your beautiful body.
In this circle we will:
– learn about types of henna
– practice key henna designs
– create our own henna adornments on our skin
– learn how to care for our henna tattoos
– take home henna to use later.
This circle is open to maidens (11-17 years) as well as goddesses (18+ years).
Resource cost is required for henna, handouts and cleaning materials.
Things to bring:
1 old towel
A healthy plate of food to share (such as cut fruit)
Be mindful to wear clothes appropriate for henna.
This circle is capped to 30 participants.
$10 Maiden member and $15 Maiden non-member
$20 Goddess member and $29 Goddess non-member
$7 per person resource fee
Meet your Samford Red Tent facilitator –
Hi, I’m Danielle
Red Tent circles have become an important part of my life; the connection to women, the space to ask myself “How am I really?” To be listened to and heard while establishing a relationship with nature, spirit and ceremony.
That was a mix that I immediately loved!
Growing up I was surrounded by so much Goddess energy; sisters, female cousins, all-girls school, beautiful female friendships, it is so familiar and comforting to me this feminine connection ☺
I can see when I look back that all study and professional roles that I undertook were in some way linked to supporting women. Now Energy Work, Holistic Counselling and Coaching will provide more opportunities for me to facilitate gentle feminine healing.
Things that bring a smile to my face are making and devouring yummy plant-based goodies, spending time with oceans and creeks, my children and fur kids. A little bit of kirtan, free flow dance, henna tattoos and nourishing yoga also keep me happy.
I look forward to sitting with you in the Red Tent in our beautiful Samford!
Meet Kelli from Healing Canvas –
Kelli is a Transpersonal Art Therapist, an Airbrush Body Artist and a Henna Artist.
“I enjoy expressing myself through my art, whether that be a scribble at the end of a full day of work or a playful painting session. I care deeply about individuals living and loving to their fullest capacity through bringing awareness and connection to self.”
Kelli is passionate about working with people’s needs and using Art Therapy to explore various topics such as grief, stress management, self-acceptance, body issues, including gender, identity and self-worth plus so much more.
While based in Brisbane, Kelli’s work takes her all-over QLD from Henna and Art Therapy workshops to third eye adornments and other festivals. However, she is also available for one-on-one Art Therapy sessions working out of Samford Psychology at the Lifestyle Centre twice a week.
She loves to adorn pregnant bellies with Henna or Body-Art for blessing-ways or sacred ceremonies, as well as sharing the transformations and inner healings henna can bring with others.
This workshop is your opportunity to learn basic techniques in henna design. Create a design, pattern or symbol on your own skin and keep the henna cone at the end of the session to keep on creating.
At every Red Tent Circle:
· Theme/ Activity /Sharing/ Craft (Theme changes every month)
· Feast (Each attendee brings a plate of healthy food)
· Bring a cushion to sit on
· Bring your water bottle
· Membership is open to anyone who identifies as a female
· Refunds will not be issued.
· Babes in arms are always welcome at Red Tent
Membership permits you to have discounted entry to ANY branch of the Red Tent plus many other benefits.
To become a member visit our website- www.redtentaustralia.org
Please email confirmation to: email@example.com
Red Tent Australia
The benefits to becoming a member of Red Tent Australia are HUGE!
– Sisterhood & Connection; finding your tribe.
– Support networks: Online Forums & face-to-face gatherings each month.
– Access to holistic information & education
– Discounts on services and workshops
– Discounted entry to Red Tent Circles
– Discounted entry to RTA exclusive education programs
– Discounted admission to our Annual Red Tent Retreat!!
– Preferential booking to events and members only events
– Discounted products on our website (natural, locally sourced, organic, beautiful and exclusive!!)
We are looking forward to seeing you at the circle.