Summer and Christmas.
- December (that is this month). Normal rainfall
- January 200 odd mm of rain.
- February 150 odd mm of rain.
- March 142 odd mm of rain.
I think I am safe to say that it will not be a white one (I can only imagine what will happen if it will hail on the day, making the ground white, without a doubt the usual fools will have a crack at me then :-))….. BUT I think it be a dry one… this month is going to be one of those lingering months.
Will Dayboro Flood?
Lets not rush out to get sandbags, but I do think you want to survey your property a bit. Have a look at the lay of the land and where possible thing about channeling the water run-off should that be possible.
It is close to impossible to say if the retail shops in Dayboro are going to get wet feed, not so much as part of the declining foot traffic, more so in the context of physical wet stuff. The way I look at it is like this… The soil now has reached a saturation point, this means most water will run off and unstable soil is very heavy… we had a similar scenario back in 2011. Prolonged rain, saturating the soil and then BANG a big rain event.
Do I see something similar in the cards?… Close, for a long time I thought that January would be well above average rainfall, looking at the models now it seems that it just be along the average. But something is odd. My favorite “hot spot” just north east of Brisbane has gone…. but the ocean temp between AU and NZ is a good 3C above average, pushing towards the north…. The ocean temp on our coast is pretty well normal… around the 23 odd degrees…. Having said that there is an enormous amount of “energy” in the ocean and in the atmosphere, the think with energy is it needs to go somewhere…
Essentially I have no bl…dy clue. Best to sit on the veranda and crack open a cuppa. Have a look at your own place and do some storm and flood mitigation stuff.
What I do know… if we get a storm or cyclonic event… it be massive and they are becoming more intense.
Events in Dayboro this month:
- Dayboro Markets (possible rain out, check with organisers)
- Dayboro Dingoes Soccer Skill Training (possible rain out, check with organisers)
- Dayboro Mobile Library (all good)
- Body Bliss Restorative Yoga Mini Retreat (all good)
- Dayboro Swaggies (possible rain out, check with organisers)
(1. note: possible rain out, is a guess does not mean that the event is NOT on. You MUST check with the event organisers ensuring the event is either on or cancelled, due to weather)